Humanitarian Advocacy & Diplomacy
Advocacy and Humanitarian Diplomacy
The Crescent adds good efforts to its relief and development activities in the following diplomatic fields:
- Launch humanitarian appeals and fundraising campaigns to mobilize support for the vulnerable.
- Disaster and crisis education to urge the international community to intervene and assist people affected by natural disasters or war and armed conflict.
- Activate International Humanitarian Law and the four Geneva Conventions and spread the principles of the international humanitarian movement and human rights so as to enhance international peace and security.
- Build the capacity of the national and charitable societies and develop their human competencies and technical and administrative expertise.
- Strengthen professional, institutional and personal links with all components and codes of the international humanitarian movement.
- Represent the State of Qatar in regional and international forums concerned with humanitarian and social work and various humanitarian issues.